Sunday, March 31, 2013

Week 4

Blog Assignment_Week 4 As I reflect on the similarities in my friends' responses according to my communication styles, I definitely learned that we do have similar evaluations. I know that our friends get to know our character and make judgments according to how we portray ourselves to them and in society. Some differences about my friends evaluations created a much lengthy discussion about ways in which we can change our character to be more anti-bias or become lifelong learners not just in the field of early childhood, but for our own character and communication. One thing that surprised me the most was when my friends took the tests about me, they couldn't believe how much they knew about me. Also, I noticed that with each question, we created scenarios and communicated about incidents that related to each question. I think this exercise was a great learning experience to become a better communicator and listener because we could look at our score and make changes accordingly. I think these insights can help us to become better professionals because they create opportunities to think about what we say in public, how we generate our though process and how we judge a person's character.

1 comment:

  1. I agree Angela, this was a great opportunity to learn about our own communication styles. Communication is so much more complex then just the surface chatter we have become used to in our quick fast world.

    ReplyDelete