Saturday, March 2, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

One hope that you have when you think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds (any format and any length) In working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, I hope that my environment is supportive of their needs and I can provide overall support for their growing interests and knowledge about young children. Also, I feel that by having a diverse environment that favors respect, guidance, and nurturing staff to help children grow and learn, children can make the most out of their learning environment and teach one another. Lastly, I believe that family participation is key towards creating an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust, and confidence for all children. One goal you would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice (any format and any length) One goal that I would like to set for the early childhood field in regards to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is that I want for everyone who enters my environment to be assured that children’s safety and healthy development is my aim. Also, to have a collaborative and positive environment with care and love is the best that I can provide for children and families besides to remain a lifelong learner. A brief note of thanks to your colleagues I would love to give the biggest shout out of appreciation to all of my colleagues and Instructors who have given me the time and dedication to be a part of my learning community. I also, wish the best of luck and positive encouragement to each and all of you who is a part of my collegiate journey. Thanks to all and god bless all of you.

3 comments:

  1. Angela,

    Providing a respectful and nurturing environment to all of our families is a admirable goal for any program. I appreciate that you mention the need for safety. I believe the supportive environment you describe is what will best support families of diverse cultures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    Encouraging family participation is very important. Learning about families and children and building on their strengths creates a classroom of diversity. Diversity is beautiful when we accept, respect, and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I would like to thank you for the feedback you provided me with during this course. My wish is that you fulfill your desires on this professional journey.

    ReplyDelete