Saturday, March 17, 2012

PERSONAL CHILDHOOD WEB

My Grandfather (PAPO)
PAPO was my Grandfather. He raised me and my three siblings. I came from a family of six children, and as soon as my grandpa laid eyes on each of us, he just had to hold us and love us. He raised us until he passed away in July 2008. He taught me the values of family,how to run the household, and to go to school and get a higher degree. My grandfather taught me many skills that I use in life today. He taught me the Art of Southern Style cooking, how to set my mind to something and accomplish it, and he taught me that no matter how much pain we go through in life, we have to keep going. My grandfather was a WAR Veteran. He fought in World War 2, and received many medals for his heroism. He was a single grandparent who raised four of his Grandchildren all by himself. He loved to cook, and I loved to watch. He believed in God and used to ask God to help him have enough life to see his grandchildren grow up and become adults. Funny thing: He passed away when my youngest sibling turned 19. I believe in god because of him and I witnessed for myself gods true power. I want to dedicate this space to my grandpa to let him know that he is my inspiration and my drive to succeed in my life. Another important figure in my life was my High School Teacher Mr. Scott Alan Weakley: Mr. Weakley took me into his class when I was a run away and a High School drop out. He took the time and patience to teach me that finishing school was very important. Although I got married in High School, and I lost my first child due to a rare skin disorder, he was there for me and allowed me to show my true colors. I had the opportunity to be a Teacher's Aid in his class on multiple accounts because I was the top in the class. Where ever he is on this earth today, I really wish I could find him to let him know how much of an inspiration he has been in my life to accomplish not only high school, but 2 higher degrees. A favorite memory I have with my Grandfather and MR. Weakley is my High School Graduation. They were both there. Mr. Weakley being a military captain saluted my grandpa and he saluted him too. Then they embraced each other in a hug. It made me smile as they showed their respect to each other and to my accomplishments. It was a special day in my life that can never be forgotten.

3 comments:

  1. Angela what a wonderful story and memories you have and a great Gradnfather you have. He reminds me of my grandfather that was veteran. You have had great people around you and a reading your post it seems you are going to leave greatness like your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great tribute to your grandfather’s faith in you that have accomplished so much. Are you getting your degree to become a teacher? Mr. Weakley is truly an inspiration and demonstrated tremendous passion for his role as an educator. Thank you for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grand Parents are a gift and your Papo sounds like a treasure found. To hear things can and will get tough and have someone not only model how to keep pushing through and then help you do it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete