Friday, March 9, 2012

Passion, Motivation, and Wisdom

This is an etching of a Butterfly that my 2 year old daughter drew. She is turning 4 in four days. How amazing it is to see the talent and visualization process a young child possess. Watching a child at play gives me a powerful feeling of love and motivation to want to pursue a Teaching Position in the Field of Early Childhood education because I have the drive to share my experiences with children and help them achieve their dreams. “It is a happy talent to know how to play” -Ralph Waldo Emerson, philosopher, poet, essayist. References Scribd.com (2012). Retrieved from. (http://www.scribd.com/doc/22929/play-quotes).

2 comments:

  1. Hello Angela. What a great job your daughter did on her butterfly. Although we know it is the process that is important I enjoy the pride that children exhibit when they create something. I agree that it is a tremendous thing to know how to play and I try to do it every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela, I agree with you and Mr. Emerson. Play is so important in young children's development. Parents often pressure teachers to have children do traditional looking school work. Teachers have a hard time defending the value of play. One of the resources I have found very helpful to becoming a better observer of children is a free newsletter from www.videatives.com. The monthly video clips and discussion have great examples of children learning through play. One of my favorites is "Dancing the Freeze." (http://wwwvideatives.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=129) We can learn so much from carefully watching children play.

    ReplyDelete