Saturday, November 10, 2012

My Personal Research Journey

My chosen topic of discussion for this course is the issue of Poverty. My main focus is how we as professionals can create and implement programs to help those children in poverty stricken neighborhoods. My subtopic of choice is how we can create programs within the poverty stricken neighborhoods for parents and children to come and receive advice, pamphlets or reading materials, meals, medicine, and immunizations to assist them in raising healthy children. I feel that just offering pamphlets to parents with information about nutrition, can help them learn about what good eating has to offer. Also, by including a shelter, or dwelling within poverty stricken neighborhoods, we can offer services besides pamphlets; we can offer medical advice, nutritious meals, after-school care, and job searching tips to help parents get out of poverty. My experience with this topic has been very rewarding in the new insights that I have gained about research and the topic being one which needs attention. I think by learning what it takes to become an effective researcher, I can come up with plenty of useful measures that cities and communities can adopt, low-cost to help Americas families. With, that we can go even further to help children and families globally. By asking each of my colleagues to offer any useful advice or resources to direct in the right path towards helping those families in need can be of great value towards my research. I know that two valuable resources that deal with global efforts to end world poverty include the Global Children’s Fund and UNICEF. One can find a tremendous amount of articles, measures, and expert advice in how to help those families in need. Resources Global Children’s Fund. (www.globalfundforchildren.org). UNICEF. (www.unicef.org).

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say hey!! To my fellow Inland Impirer, lol. I was born in SanBernardino, grew up in Bloomington (feel sorry for me?) lol, and lived in Riverside for ten years. Seven years ago I moved to Kentucky to get out of the rat race, faces and places change, but things are pretty much the same. I congratulate you on you career and education path, we need good people in southern Cali, it has changed so drastically.
    T still have all my family in Fontana, Bloomington and San Bernardino.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Tammy, that's cool u still have family here. Yeah, San Bernardino really is a different place than I am used to. I grew up in Glendale,Ca. I am really glad you hit me up on here. Maybe one day you can visit? Thanks for your congrats. I wish you all the best as well.

      Delete